How to Apply
Time limit for application: Application shall be made within 45 to 90 days prior to the expiration of the licence; the licence renewal fee shall be doubled if the application is made less than 45 days prior to the expiration of the licence.
Application Procedures and Required Documents:
1. The “Employment Agency Activity Licence and Branch Licence Application Form” duly completed (the form can be obtained from the Labour Affairs Bureau or downloaded from its website);
2. The criminal record certificates of the applicant and the interested persons provided for in subparagraphs (3) and (4) of paragraph 3 of Article 6 of Law No.16/2020 (the purpose of the criminal record certificate is to apply for the employment agency activity licence);
3. Documents issued by the Financial Services Bureau to prove that the applicant has fulfilled or exempted from tax obligations;
4. If the place of origin of the non-local resident to be recruited or provided job referral service is Mainland China or Vietnam, supporting documents showing the qualification in providing exportation of labour service recognized by the local authorities or a notarized copy of such documents must be provided;
5. Other appropriate documents or information deemed to be useful for the application approval at the request of the Labour Affairs Bureau.
Application Location and Office Hours
Address: Avenida do Dr. Francisco Vieira Machado, nos. 221 a 279, Edifício Advance Plaza, 1st floor of the Labour Affairs Bureau, Macau
Monday to Thursday: 09:00 – 13:00; 14:30 – 17:45
Friday: 09:00 – 13:00; 14:30 – 17:30
Licence renewal fee: MOP10,000.00
Branch licence renewal fee: MOP5,000.00
The fees must be paid in the form of bills and both a bank crossed cheque and a cashier’s order are acceptable, which shall be payable to “Fundo de Segurança Social” (the Social Security Fund).
Application Processing Time
30 days (upon receipt of all necessary documents)
Remarks/Notes for Application
The renewal of the branch licence shall be solicited, accompanying the renewal application of the employment agency activity licence.
The interested persons provided for in subparagraphs (3) and (4) of paragraph 3 of Article 6 of Law No.16/2020 include:
1. All the administrators and shareholders of the company; in the case that the shareholder is a legal person, all its administrators or the principal persons of the organ;
2. The administrators and the shareholders holding 10% or more of the capital of the joint stock limited company; in the case that the shareholder is a legal person, all its administrators or the principal persons of the organ;
3. All the principal persons of the organ of the association or foundation; however, in the case that the association is in accordance with the law or its articles of association and the designated person who is appointed by the competent authority through a resolution of the meeting to engage in the employment agency activity, all of its principal persons of the organ and the appointee.
Service Result Collection
Methods of Service Result Collection: In person, by post or download the digital licence through the Common Access to Public Services of the Macao SAR (Entity) electronic platform.
Presenting the identity card and payment of fee are required during collection (only the fee-charging employment agencies are required to pay the fees).