How to Apply
Time of application
5 days before the expiry of the “Authorization to Stay”
Application procedures and documents required
- Application Approach
- The interested person or a legal representative making the application 5 days before the expiry of the “Authorization to Stay”.
- The legal representative should submit the following:
- A certified letter of authorization;
- A copy of his/her valid identification document.
- The Residence and Stay Affairs Department can refuse to accept applications which are submitted later than the above limited period or applications which obviously lack a justification.
- Documents Must be Presented
- Unless otherwise noted, the original should be exhibited for authentication if a copy is submitted;
- The copy should be authenticated if the original cannot be exhibited.
- Necessary Documents
- A completed application form （DARP/DARP M-9）; [Note:The application form is available at the respective Subdivision and the website of the Public Security Police Force]
- Copy of the interested person’s valid passport/travel document (bio data page and used inside pages only, and the Arrival Card for the latest entry to Macao) or identification document used for stay in Macao;
- Document which can confirm the justification for the application (e.g. document of kinship between the interested person and his/her kindred in Macao, medical certificate, Macao identity card of a kindred in Macao, etc.).
- Form: Application Form for Extension of Stay （DARP/DARP M-9）
Location of Application and Service Hours
Apply in person: Public Security Police Force – Stay Subdivision of the Residence and Stay Affairs Department
Address: Immigration Building of the Public Security Police Force, Travessa Um do Cais de Pac On, Taipa, Macao
Office Hours: Mon to Thu, 9:00 – 17:45
Fri, 9:00 – 17:30
(Closed on Sat, Sun and Macao government holidays)
Tags dispensed until: 17:00 (for making applications)
17:15 (collection of result or document supplementation)
Online Appointment: Online Appointment System of Residence and Stay Affairs Department
Free of charge
Processing Time (excluding time of waiting in a queue and postage time for documents sent by mail)
1 working day <Performance Pledge>
(From the next working day following the day when the service unit received and confirmed that all the required documents had been correctly prepared.)
Remark / Requirements
- The interested person is required to bring along his/her valid passport / travel document / identification document based on which he/she is staying in Macao to check the application result on the designated date. He/she can also use the “Inquiry System of Progress of Application for Extension of ‘Authorization to Stay’” at our website to inquire about the progress of the application. If the application is approved, the authorities will promptly issue him/her “Slip of Authorization to Stay”.
The interested person can authorize someone to make the application on his/her behalf on the condition that the interested person is still in Macao. The interested person should fill in the authorized person’s information and sign at the specific space on the receipt. Then the authorized person is required to bring along the interested person’s identification document and present his/her own identification document to the authorities for verification to make the application.
- Penalty for overstay
- According to Administrative Regulation No. 14/2014 ‘Amendments to the Provision on Overstay in the 《Regulations of the Entry, Stay and Residence Authorization》’, persons who still stay in the Macao SAR but not over 30 days after the expiry of the authorization granted is fined MOP500 per overdue day from 9/7/2014. The violators are required to pay the fine immediately after they are arrested or report themselves to the police. The above mentioned penalty regulation is not applicable to those who have overstayed in Macao within one year. Those will be considered to be illegal immigrants if they do not pay the fine and the penalty regulation is not applicable to them. Moreover, they cannot make any application for Residence Authorization, extension of Authorization to Stay and Authorization to Stay for Non-resident Workers within two years to the Residence and Stay Affairs Department.
- According to Law No. 6/2004, persons who are considered to be illegal immigrants will be deported and interdicted from entry to the Macao SAR for the period indicated in the deportation order.
Application Status Enquiry and Result Collection
Application Status Enquiry: “Inquiry System of Progress of Application for Extension of ‘Authorization to Stay’”
Method of result collection: Collect in person
Content provider: Public Security Police Force (CPSP)
Last modified: 2019-09-24 11:22