How to Apply
Application time limit: No relevant stipulation.
Application procedures and necessary documents:
- Non-resident worker;
- Reuniting kindred of a non-resident worker who are planning to stay in Macao;
- Legal representative of the above two types of applicant. (Remark 1.)
- Documents to be Presented
- Unless further specified, all copies of documents to be submitted should be presented with the original for authentication;
- If the original cannot be presented, the relevant copy should be certified.
- Required Documents
- A completed application form for “Special Authorization to Stay”; (DARP/DARP M-2) (Remark 2.)
- Declaration signed by the non-resident worker to express consent to the application (Write it on your own) (Remark 3.);
- A letter of consent from the other parent expressing agreement to let the minor child/children to be a dependant of the non-resident worker and apply for long-term stay in Macao, if the application for Special Authorization to Stay by the minor child/children is made by the non-resident worker; (Remark 4.)；
- Copy of “Non-resident Worker’s Identification Card” (“Non-resident Worker’s Card” for short) / “Revenue Receipt” / “Authorization to Stay for Non-resident Workers” application form which passes the primary examination;
- Copy of the non-resident worker’s valid passport / travel document / P.R.C. Permit for travelling to and from Hong Kong and Macao (“Two-way Exit Permit” for short) (Remark 5.) or identification document used for entry to and departure from Macao;
- 3 copies of the reuniting kindred applicant’s valid passport / travel document (bio data page only) or identification document used for entry to and departure from Macao; (Remark 6.)
- The copy of People’s Republic Identity ID is required to submit when the reuniting kindred is a Chinese citizen; (Remark 6.)
- Copy of document of kinship between the non-resident worker and the reuniting kindred applicant; (Remark 7.)
- Pay slip or equivalent document of the last 3 months, with signature and stamp (if any) of employing entity;
- Declaration of Conjugal Relation / De Facto Marital Relation, if the reuniting kindred is the spouse or de facto marital partner of the non-resident worker; (Remark 8.)
- If the spouse of the non-resident worker is also a non-resident worker, the following should be submitted as well:
- Copy of the spouse’s “Non-resident Worker’s Card” / “Revenue Receipt” / “Authorization to Stay for Non-resident Workers” application form which passes the primary examination;
- Copy of the spouse’s valid passport / travel document / “Two-way Exit Permit” (Remark 5.) or identification document used for entry to and departure from Macao;
- Pay slip or equivalent document of the last 3 months, with signature and stamp (if any) of employing entity.
- After all the necessary documents are submitted, the Subdivision will issue an “Application Acceptance Receipt” to the applicant.
- After the application is approved, the relevant reuniting kindred should go to the Subdivision in person for fingerprinting (Remark 9.) . After all the necessary documents are submitted, the Subdivision will issue an “Application Acceptance Receipt” to the applicant.
- Reuniting kindred’s valid passport / travel document / “Two-way Exit Permit” (Remark 5.) or identification document used for entry to and departure from Macao and a copy of it; (Remark 10)
- 1 recent color photo of 1.5-inch, full face, no-hat, white-background.
- Application form for “Special Authorization to Stay” (DARP/DARP M-2)
- Declaration of Conjugal Relation / De Facto Marital Relation (DARP/DARP M-8)
- The representative should submit a certified letter of authorization and a copy of his/her valid identification document (the original should be exhibited for authentication).
- The template of the application letter is available at the Non-resident Workers Subdivision and the website of the Public Security Police Force.
- if the application is made by the dependent of the non-resident worker.
- (1) the declaration should meet the Acceptance Standard for Documents and the declarant’s signature on the declaration should be authenticated by a competent department. If not, the declarant is required to sign the declaration in the presence of the staff of the Subdivision concerned and present the original of his or her identity document for verification; (2) if the birth certificate of the minor child contains only the identity information of the non-resident worker and a letter of consent from the other parent is not available, the non-resident worker is required to submit a declaration of explanation. The letter of consent can be exempted if the explanation is approved; (3) the applicant can apply for exemption if any of the declaration mentioned in point (1) is not available, but reasons should be stated and relevant supporting documents should be submitted. If no exemption is granted, the application procedure will proceed only after the relevant declaration is provided.
- Bio data page only and the inside page containing “Type D-Stay endorsement” for “Two-way Exit Permit” holders, while the electric “Two-way Exit Permit” in card type holders shall also submit the back copy containing “Type D-Stay endorsement”.
- The original of the document should be exhibited for authentication after the reuniting kindred enters Macao.
- For details of the time effect and authentication requirements, please see “Acceptance Standard for Documents”.
- In cases of de facto marital relation, two witnesses should also be present at the Subdivision concerned to sign the above Declaration as so to prove that the non-resident worker and his/her de facto marital partner have been voluntarily living together like husband and wife for at least two years.
- Children aged below 5 are exempted.
- If the reuniting kindred is a resident of mainland China, he or she is required to apply to the relevant immigration control department on the Mainland for a “Two-way Exit Permit” and ‘Endorsement’ to Macao with the “Approval Notification” issued by the Subdivision concerned. Then, the reuniting kindred can enter Macao with the Permit and proceed to the Subdivision concerned to collect the ‘Special Authorization to Stay.
Application location and office hours
Application Location: Immigration Building of the Public Security Police Force, Travessa Um do Cais de Pac On, Taipa, Macao
Non-resident Workers Subdivision of the Residence and Stay Affairs Department
|Office Hours||Mon to Thu||9:00 – 17:45|
|Fri||9:00 – 17:30|
|Closed on Sat, Sun and government holidays|
|Tags dispensed until||16:30 (for making applications)|
|17:15 (collection of result or document supplementation)|
Free of charge.
Approximately 50 days (Processing time starts from the first working day after the service unit receives all the necessary documents and confirms nothing is missing).
Remarks / Points to note
- Before the “Special Authorization to Stay” is granted, the non-resident worker’s reuniting kindred are staying in Macao as visitors. Their limit of stay is restricted to a certain extent. In fact, applications for “Special Authorization to Stay” can be made by non-resident workers in Macao, and only the reuniting kindred of non-resident workers who are recognized as “with specific qualification and beneficial to the Macao SAR” are eligible. Besides, it takes a relatively long period for examination as we have to consult the Labour Affairs Bureau. Therefore, in order to avoid any inconvenience aroused from the limited validity of the “Authorization to Stay” granted to visitors, the reuniting kindred concerned should come to Macao only after the “Special Authorization to Stay” is granted.
- Generally, the expiry of the “Special Authorization to Stay” granted to the reuniting kindred is the same as that of the “Authorization to Stay for Non-resident Worker” (and of the “Non-resident Worker’s Card”). However, the “Special Authorization to Stay” granted to minor reuniting kindred expires on the day he/she becomes an adult.
- When the non-resident worker applies for renewal, reposition or cancellation of his/her “Non-resident Worker’s Identification Card”, he/she should apply for renewal, reposition or cancellation of the “Special Authorization to Stay” of the dependant as well.
- The dependants of a non-resident worker are prohibited from working in Macao (except otherwise stipulated in the law).
- If the non-resident worker / reuniting kindred of the non-resident worker renews the passport / travel document / “Two-way Exit Permit” / identification document used for application for the “Authorization to Stay” in Macao, he or she is required to bring the renewed document to the Subdivision concerned for update of the document information and application for reissue of the “Slip of Authorization to Stay”.
Application Status Enquiry and Result Collection
Application Status Enquiry:
- Website: Inquiry System of Progress of Application for “Special Authorization to Stay” for Reuniting Kindred of Non-resident Workers
- In person: The applicant can come for inquiry of the progress and result of the application on the date specified on the “Receipt”
- SMS: The Subdivision also send the application result through SMS to persons who have chosen this service.
Ways to collect service result: Collect in person.
Content provider: Public Security Police Force (CPSP)
Last modified: 2019-06-13 11:16