"Special Authorization to Stay" for Reuniting Kindred of Non-resident Workers


How to Apply

Application time limit:

No relevant stipulation.

Application procedures and necessary documents:

  1. Applicant
    1. Non-resident worker;
    2. Dependants who are allowed to stay in Macao with the non-resident worker;
    3. Legal representative of the above two types of applicant. (Remark 1.)
  2. Documents to be Presented
    1. Unless further specified, all copies of documents to be submitted should be presented with the original for authentication;
    2. If the original cannot be presented, the relevant copy should be certified.
  3. Required Documents
    1. Application letter of cancellation of “Special Authorization to Stay” and a copy of it; (Remark 2. & 3.)
    2. Copy of the non-resident worker’s family member’s valid passport / travel document / P.R.C. Permit for travelling to and from Hong Kong and Macao (“Two-way Exit Permit” for short) (Remark 4.) or identification document used for entry to and departure from Macao.
    3. “Slip of Authorization to Stay” (reuniting kindred of the non-resident worker) (if any).


  1. The representative should submit a certified letter of authorization and a copy of his/her valid identification document (the original should be exhibited for authentication).
  2. Write it on your own or get it from the Subdivision concerned.
  3. The application letter should contain the bio data of the non-resident worker and the reuniting kindred. If the reuniting kindred cannot take the cancellation in person and the applicant cannot submit the original of the documents listed in Points 2 and / or 3, the justification (e.g. the person concerned has left Macao) should be specified in the application letter.
  4. bio data page only and the inside page containing “Type D- Stay endorsement” for “Two-way Exit Permit” holders, while the electric “Two-way Exit Permit” in card type holders shall submit both sides copies of the card.

Application location and office hours

Application Location: Immigration Building of the Public Security Police Force, Travessa Um do Cais de Pac On, Taipa, Macao

Non-resident Workers Subdivision of the Residence and Stay Affairs Department

Office Hours Mon to Thu 9:00 – 17:45
Fri 9:00 – 17:30
Closed on Sat, Sun and government holidays
Tags dispensed until 16:30 (for making applications)
17:15 (collection of result or document supplementation)


Free of charge.

Time Needed (excluding the time of waiting in a queue and postage time for documents sent by mail)

20 minutes  <in our performance pledges>
(from the moment when the service unit received and confirmed that all the required documents had been correctly prepared)

Remarks / Points to note

  1. Generally, the expiry of the “Special Authorization to Stay” granted to the reuniting kindred is the same as that of the “Non-resident Worker’s Authorization to Stay” (and of the “Non-resident Worker’s Card”). However, the “Special Authorization to Stay” granted to minor reuniting kindred expires on the day he/she becomes an adult.
  2. When the non-resident worker applies for renewal, reposition or cancellation of his/her “Non-resident Worker’s Identification Card” , he/she should apply for renewal, reposition or cancellation of the “Special Authorization to Stay” of the dependant as well.
  3. After the Subdivision receives the notification letter of employment termination or employment authorization revocation, the relevant “Non-resident Worker’s Authorization to Stay” (including the “Non-resident Worker’s Card”) and the reuniting kindred’s “Special Authorization to Stay” will be revoked (even though the Authorization is not expiring). Under such circumstances, if the non-resident worker and his/her reuniting kindred continue to stay in Macao without getting another “Authorization to Stay”, they will be considered to be overstaying starting from the day following the revocation of the original “Authorization to Stay”. Therefore, as soon as the non-resident worker acknowledges the employment termination or employment authorization revocation, he/she should go to the Subdivision immediately with his/her reuniting kindred for certain cancellation procedure. Upon completion of the procedure, they will be granted another “Authorization to Stay” for preparation arrangement for not less than 8 days (if necessary).
  4. The dependants of a non-resident worker are prohibited from working at Macao (except otherwise stipulated in the law).
  5. If the non-resident worker / reuniting kindred of the non-resident worker renews the passport / travel document / “Two-way Exit Permit” / identification document used for application for the “Authorization to Stay” in Macao, he or she is required to bring the renewed document to the Subdivision concerned for update of the document information and application for reissue of the “Slip of Authorization to Stay”.

Content provider: Public Security Police Force (CPSP)

Last modified: 2019-09-18 16:35

Public safety and migration Migration, residency

Is there anything wrong with this page?

Help us improve GOV.MO

* Mandatory field


All information on this site is based on the official language of the Macao Special Administrative Region. The English version is the translation from the Chinese originals and is provided for reference only. If you find that some of the contents do not have an English version, please refer to the Traditional Chinese or Portuguese versions.