Driving licenses due to expired or already expired but that have not exceeded 2 age groups foreseen for renewal.
- Mod. No. 3A (available at the service counters of the Transport Bureau or download from the Transport Bureau website).
- One distinct photocopy of the valid Macao identity card or valid document for legal stay in Macao SAR.
- Three 1.5 inches recent color photos (with white background).
- Original copy of the Macao Driving License.
- Original copy of the driver’s medical certificate.
Documents must be presented
1. Show the valid Macao identity card or
2. Valid document for legal stay in Macao SAR
Service location and hour
1.Reception Area of the Transport Bureau (China Plaza)
Address: Avenida da Praia Grande, No. 762-804, China Plaza, 3 Andar, Macau
2.Reception area of the Transport Bureau (Estrada de D. Maria II)
Address: Estrada de D. Maria II, N.° 33, Macau
Office Hours: Monday to Friday (working days) from 9 am to 6 pm (open during lunch hours).
E-MAIL : firstname.lastname@example.org
The application for the renewal can be made within 6 months before the expiry date: MOP 400
Additional fee for urgent pick-up : MOP 400
Fee for the form: Free of charge
Stamp Duty: No stamp duty
Deposit: No deposit necessary
1. The authorized person is required to show his/her original valid identity card and submit a photocopy of it.
2. In accordance with the “Macao Traffic Law and Regulation”, supplementary document must be submitted within 90 days upon the date of making the application, otherwise, the application has to be reapplied all over again and related payment must be paid.
3. The application for renewal can be made within six months before the expiry date of the Macao driving license.
4. Applicant who intends to change the personal information is required to show the original certificate issued by the Identification Bureau and submit a photocopy of it.
5. The applicant needs to complete the updating process in case of any change in his identity information, prior to submitting an application.
6. The “urgent service” application will be completed within 6 working days after receipt.
7. According to the provisions of Article 74, number 1 and 2 of the Road Traffic Regulation, the driving licenses are valid for the period mentioned in the driver’s license and the eligible holder may renew it by submitting, to DSAT, the medical certificate and respective inspection report proving the ability for driving, within six months before the expiration of the validity period of the driver’s license. According to the provisions of number 4, frequent re-examination period may be prescribed for the driver through the decision of medical or psycho-technical examination. If in this case, the certificate of the related examination shall be submitted until the last day of the month before the specified date or before.
8.The driving licenses of Macau referred to in this administrative formality are those which have exceeded the age range foreseen for its revalidation, as stated in the Road Traffic Regulation, article 74, number 7, paragraph a) of number 7.