Registration of Association and Foundation
The founder of an association or foundation shall first apply for the “Certificate of Adoptable Name of Association and Foundation” at the Identification Services Bureau (hereinafter referred to as DSI). Upon receipt of the certificate, the founder shall notarize the establishment of the association or foundation at the Public Notary Office. After the constitution is published in the Official Gazette, DSI will notify the association or foundation of the registration number by an official letter.
Apply for the “Proof of Adoptable Name of Association and Foundation” and various kinds of association and foundation certificates, dissolution of associations, registration of political association and request for information on membership status in non-profit organizations to declare assets and interests.
Service Targets and Eligibility
1. Certificate of Adoptable Name of Association and Foundation (issued in the form of an official letter)
- A group that intends to establish an association or foundation
- An established association or foundation that wants to change its name
2. Certificate of Existence of Registration Record of Established Association or Foundation in DSI
- Any person (at the age of 18 or above) or group
3. Certificate of the Leadership Structure of Established Association or Foundation
- Aged 18 or above ;
- Member of the leadership structure of the association or foundation / Representative authorized by the president or director of the association or foundation.
4. Certificate of Constitution or Other Documents Authentication
- Member of the leadership structure of the association or foundation
5. Dissolution of Association
- Registered Association which dissolution is approved in the general assembly
6. Registration of Political Association
- Main target is the long term association which aims at contributing to the exercise of civil and political rights and participates in political activities. The objectives and the activities of a political association involve “participating in election; introducing suggestion, opinion, and outline in regard to governance and management; participating in the activities of governing authorities and municipal organizations; criticizing the activities of public administration; and promoting civil and political education and awareness.
- The association founder should lodge the application at DSI
7. About Completing the Declaration of Assets and Interests
- Persons required to complete the Part Four of the Declaration of Assets and Interests. (Supplementary information about completing the Part Four of the Declaration of Assets and Interests.)
Issuance of the “Certificate of Adoptable Name of Association and Foundation” and various kinds of association and foundation certificates, dissolution of associations, registration of political association and request for information on membership status in non-profit organizations to declare assets and interests.
The Financial Intelligence Office – Information on the international standards related to Non-Profit Organizations
Responsible Department: Identification Services Bureau
Address: Avenida da Praia Grande, nº804, Edificio “China Plaza”, 1º andar, Macau
Enquiry and Appointment Hotline: (853) 2837 0777/ (853) 2837 0888
Fax: (853) 2837 4300
Mailing Address: Macao P.O. Box 1089
Content provider: Identification Services Bureau (DSI)
Last modified: 2021-08-26 16:30