How to Process
Deadline for application
Application for license renewal should be submitted 60 days before the expiry of the valid period of the license.
Processing procedure and required documents
1. Food and Beverage Establishment – Application for Renewal of License (MOD. 025/DLA/DHAL);
2. Supporting document certifying that the commercial solid waste generated is transported to the Macao Refuse Incineration Plant in Taipa for disposal by a hired cleaning company or the establishment itself (Garbage collection time should be clearly stated on the supporting document.);
3. If the establishment is equipped with elevator equipment and has not submitted the valid “Certificate of Safe Operation of Elevator Equipment (Annual Inspection)” to IAM, the certification documents (original, copy and other relevant documents) are required to be submitted. For details, please refer to the “Instructions for Review, Approval, Inspection and Operation of Elevator Equipment of Private Constructions” (website: www.dsscu.gov.mo/pt/home/information/id/169).
Document to be produced: The original or notarised copy of the identification document which bears the signature of the applicant or the legitimate representative is required to be produced.
Locations and Office Hours for Processing the Service
Division of Administrative Licensing: Avenida da Praia Grande, n.os 762-804, Edifício China Plaza, 2.º andar, Macau (One-stop Licensing Service for Food and Beverage Establishments)
Integrated Services Centre and Public Services Centres
Integrated Services Centre: Avenida da Praia Grande, n.os 762-804, Edifício China Plaza, 2.º andar, Macau;
Northern District Public Services Centre: Rua Nova da Areia Preta, n.º 52, Centro de Serviços da RAEM, Macau;
Central District Public Services Centre: Rotunda de Carlos da Maia, n.os 5 e 7, Complexo da Rotunda de Carlos da Maia, 3.˚ andar, Macau;
Central District Public Services Centre – S. Lourenço Station: Rua de João Lecaros, Complexo Municipal do Mercado de S. Lourenço, 4.˚ andar, Macau;
Islands District Public Services Centre: Rua de Coimbra, n.º 225, 3.º andar, Centro de Serviços da RAEM das Ilhas , Taipa
Islands District Public Services Centre – Seac Pai Van Station: Avenida de Vale das Borboletas, Complexo Comunitário de Seac Pai Van, 6.˚ andar, Coloane.
Office hours: Monday to Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. (no lunch break, closed on Saturday, Sunday and public holidays)
Application fee: MOP2,000.00 to be paid upon approval of application
Fee for renewal after statutory period: MOP4,000.00 to be paid upon approval of application
Stamp duty: 10% of renewal fee
Note: In accordance with the stipulations of Article 23 5) and 6) of Administrative Regulation no.16/2003 amended by Administrative Regulation no. 36/2018
Time Required for Approval
If the applicant submits all documents which meet the standards within the designated period, the time for approval is 60 days, excluding the period for consultation with other entities in case of necessity.
Remarks / Important Notes on Application
2. The person concerned can make the application in person or authorise a representative to make the application;
3. In accordance with Clause 3 of Article 129 of Order no. 83/96/M, application for license renewal should be submitted 60 days before the expiry of the valid period of the license;
4. In accordance with Article 31 of Decree-Law no. 16/96/M amended by Law no. 8/2021, IAM may initiate the procedure for cancellation of the license if an application for renewal is not made upon the expiry of the valid period of the license (https://bo.io.gov.mo/bo/i/96/14/declei16.asp);
5. If the applicant is an individual, the original identification document is required to be produced for verification upon application;
6. If the applicant is a legal person, the application form is required to be signed by the legitimate representative and the original identification document is required to be produced for verification. Moreover, a photocopy of the valid Business Registration Certificate is required to be submitted (exemption for companies registered at the Commerce and Movable Property Registry of Macao);
7. The online renewal formality should be processed at www.iam.gov.mo/onestop-fnb/e/inquire/inquireinfo.aspx or via “Macao One Account”; (To process the formality and make payment online, a license holder must have an (individual or entity) account of “Macao One Account”. For details, please refer to: www.gov.mo/pt/services/ps-1047/.)
8. To find out about the approved plan of the establishment or the restrictive operating conditions prescribed by the relevant department(s) (such as the types of fuels allowed or forbidden), an access of the relevant documents can be requested by submitting an application to One-Stop Licensing Service for Food and Beverage Establishments, Division of Administrative Licensing, IAM, or alternatively, the photocopy of the approved drawings of the establishment and that of the comments from the relevant department(s) can be obtained upon payment of the relevant fee.
Progress Enquiry and Obtaining Result of Service
Method for collecting result of service
1. In person
Bring the receipt and produce the original identification document of the person collecting the result.
2. Downloading license from Internet
During the valid period of the License for Food and Beverage Establishments, the license holder may download the latest license via “Macao One Account” on his or her own. (A license holder who downloads the license from the Internet must have an (individual or entity) account of “Macao One Account”. For details, please refer to: www.gov.mo/pt/services/ps-1047/.)