How to apply
Time Limit for Application:
Upon completion of entry clearance, the interested person will receive a “notification letter” which notifies him / her to apply to the Residents Subdivision in person within 10 days for “Residence Authorization”. Otherwise, the interested person will be fined MOP200 per overdue day; the maximum fine is limited to MOP5,000.
Application procedures and necessary documents
1) A completed application form (format 6);
[Note: (1) Applicants under 18 years old should have their applications tendered and signed by the parent or guardian; (2) The application form is available at the respective subdivision and the website of the Public Security Police Force.]
2) copies of “P.R.C. Permit for Travelling to Hong Kong and Macao”, and present the Arrival Card for this entry to Macao;
3) “Certificate of Criminal Record” of Macao issued within 90 days;
[Note: This certificate is required if the interested person is 16 years old or above on the day the application is submitted. This type of applicants may apply to the Identification Bureau for the certificate by presenting the “notification” granted upon entry or the receipt of the application for “Residence Authorization”, together with the “P.R.C. Permit for Travelling to Hong Kong and Macao”. To facilitate the application procedure, the applicants can first apply to the Identification Bureau and authorize the Bureau to send the certificate directly to the Residence and Stay Affairs Department. Then they may apply to the Residence Subdivision for “Resident Authorization”.]
4) Copy of national “Notarial Certificate of Criminal Record” of Mainland China issued within 6 months (if the interested person is 16 years old or above on the date of issue of the “P.R.C. Permit for Travelling to Hong Kong and Macao”);
5) Copy of document of kinship between the interested person and his/her reuniting kindred in Macao (e.g. original Marriage Certificate, Notarial Marriage Certificate, Notarial Birth Certificate, Medical Certificate of Birth, Notarial Kinship Certificate, etc.);
[Note: (1) In cases of reunion between husband and wife, the interested person and his / her spouse residing in Macao should co-declare in written form the existence of marital relation and cohabitation. The declaration form (DARP/DARP M-8) is available at the respective subdivision and the website of the Public Security Police Force; (2) For details, please see “Acceptance Standard for Necessary Documents in Application for Residence Authorization“.]
6) Copy of the Macao Resident Identity Card of the reuniting kindred residing in Macao (the card holder should be present for the application);
7) Document indicating the interested person’s address in Macao (e.g.: copy of water bill, electricity bill, phone bill, etc. of the last 3 months);
8) Other information requested by the authorities under special circumstances.
(1) The original should be exhibited for authentication if a copy is submitted;
(2) Our staff will take a digital photo for the interested person at the respective subdivision. The interested person can choose to use the digital photo or his/her own recent photo (1.5-inch, full face, no-hat, white-background, coloured / black-and-white photo) on the residence document issued to him / her;
(3) Persons who are verified by the Identification Bureau and are preliminarily eligible to be Macao permanent residents (with an “R” symbol indicated on the right of the photo on their P.R.C. Permit for Travelling to Hong Kong and Macao) may go directly to the Identification Bureau to apply for a Macao resident identity card with the “Notification” issued to them upon their first entry at the Border Gate Checkpoint and their P.R.C. Permit for Travelling to Hong Kong and Macao;
(4) If the personal information declared before is different from that of the current application, the interested person should submit a Notarial Birth Certificate and/or a Notarial Marriage Certificate or other certificates accordingly for verification.]
Location of Application and Service Hours
Apply in person: Public Security Police Force – Residence Subdivision of the Residence and Stay Affairs Department
Address: Immigration Building of the Public Security Police Force, Travessa Um do Cais de Pac On, Taipa, Macao
Office Hours: Mon to Thu, 9:00 – 17:45
Fri, 9:00 – 17:30
(Closed on Sat, Sun and Macao government holidays)
Tags dispensed until: 17:00 (for making applications)
17:15 (collection of result or document supplementation)
Service charge: Free
Processing Time (excluding time of waiting in a queue and postage time for documents sent by mail)
General Application: 5 working days <Performance Pledge>
(It is timed from the next working day following the day when the service unit received and confirmed that all the required documents had been correctly prepared.)
Remark / Requirements
After receiving the residence application, the authorities will issue an “application acceptance receipt”, which includes the necessary documents that have not yet been submitted. The interested person (or the legal representative) should submit them within 180 days from the date the receipt is issued (or the date he/she is notified to supplement other documents). Otherwise, the authorities may announce the extinguishment of the application according to Article 103 of the Code of Administrative Procedure.
If all the necessary documents are submitted, the interested person (or the legal representative) should come in person to complete the follow-up procedures on the date specified on the receipt or by following the instructions on the receipt (e.g. to wait for a notification letter).
1) For approved application, the interested person (or the legal representative) should pay the fee (Chinese nationals are exempted) and collect the “Residence Certificate” as soon as possible. When coming in person, he / she should:
> Present the application acceptance receipt;
> Present the “P.R.C. Permit for Travelling to Hong Kong and Macao” or the valid passport / travel document / identification document used to apply for Residence Authorization;
> The parent or guardian representing the minor child in the application should present his/her valid identification document and proof of their relationship; other legal representative should present a certified letter of authorization and his/her valid identification document;
> Submit the “Non-resident Worker’s Identification Card” (or the former “Non-resident Worker’s Permit”, also known as blue card) (if any) for cancellation.
2) For disapproved application, the interested person will receive a written notice of the content of the written instructions and the means to appeal.
Application Status Enquiry and Result Collection
Application Status Enquiry: Inquiry System of Progress of Application for ‘Residence Authorization’
Method of result collection: Collect in person
Content provider: Public Security Police Force (CPSP)
Last modified: 2020-04-24 13:22