How to apply
Time of application: 30 days before the expiry of the Residence Authorization
Application procedures and documents required
The application can be made by the interested person or a legal representative by submitting the following:
[Note: (1) The original should be exhibited for authentication if a copy is submitted; (2) If the interested person cannot appear at the Immigration Department, the parent / guardian or another representative should submit a recent photo of the interested person (1.5-inch, full face, no-hat, white-background, coloured / black-and-white photo); (3) Unless the minor is represented by the parent, the representative should submit: a. a certified letter of authorization; b. a copy of his/her valid identification document.]
1) A completed application form for Residence Authorization Renewal (DARP/DARP M-1); application form (format 9) is also required if the application includes family members;
[Note: The application form is available at the respective subdivision and the website of the Public Security Police Force.]
2) Copy of the interested person’s valid Portuguese passport (bio data page only) and Macao Non-permanent Resident Identity Card;
3) Copy of the Macao Resident Identity Card of the reuniting kindred residing in Macao (the card holder should be present for the application) (for cases of family reunion);
4) Certificate of maintaining marriage / de facto marital relation (for cases including spouse / partner of marriage de facto or residence is granted on the basis of family reunion with spouse/partner of marriage de facto);
[Note: For details, please see the section of “Residence Authorization Renewal” at the “Acceptance Standard for Necessary Documents in Application for Residence Authorization“.]
5) Persons granted residence for engaging in a professional post in Macao may refer to the “Necessary Documents for Engaging in a Professional Post in Macao“;
6) “Certificate of Criminal Record” of Macao issued within 90 days; (if the interested person is 16 years old or above on the day the residence application is submitted)
[Note: Applicants may apply to the Identification Bureau or use the self-service kiosks set up by the Bureau at the Immigration Building for the certificate first by presenting their Macao Resident Identity Card and authorize the Bureau to send the certificate directly to the Residence and Stay Affairs Department. Then they may apply to the Residence Subdivision for “Resident Authorization” renewal by presenting the receipt issued by the Identification Bureau and other necessary documents.]
7) Copy of personal financial documents (e.g. employment certificate, bank book, payment receipt of revenue / sales tax of the interested person or his/her reuniting kindred residing in Macao);
8) Copy of water bill, electricity bill, phone bill, etc. of the last 3 months of the latest address (if the interested person has changed address);
9) Our staff will take a digital photo for the interested person at the respective subdivision. The interested person can choose to use the digital photo or his / her own recent photo (1.5-inch, full face, no-hat, white-background, coloured / black-and-white photo) on the residence document issued to him / her;
10) Other information should be submitted upon request by the authorities under special circumstances.
Location of Application and Service Hours
Application Location: Immigration Building of the Public Security Police Force, Travessa Um do Cais de Pac On, Taipa, Macao
Residence Subdivision of the Residence and Stay Affairs Department
|Office Hours||Mon to Thu||9:00 – 17:45|
|Fri||9:00 – 17:30|
|Closed on Sat, Sun and government holidays|
|Tags dispensed until||17:00 (for making applications)|
|17:15 (collection of result or document supplementation)|
Service charge: Free
Processing Time (excluding time of waiting in a queue and postage time for documents sent by mail)
around 10 working days
[Note: The processing time will be different if certain necessary documents are not submitted, errors are found in the information provided or the application has to be submitted to the Secretary for Security for approval.]
Remark / Requirements
1) After receiving the application, the authorities will issue an “application acceptance receipt”, which includes the necessary documents that have not yet been submitted. The interested person (or the legal representative) should submit them within 180 days from the date the receipt is issued (or the date he/she is notified to supplement other documents). Otherwise, the authorities may announce the extinguishment of the application according to Article 103 of the Code of Administrative Procedure.
If all the necessary documents are submitted, the interested person (or the legal representative) should come in person to complete the procedures on the date specified on the receipt or by following the instructions on the receipt (e.g. to wait for a notification letter). When coming in person,
(1)For approved application, the interested person (or the legal representative) should collect the “Residence Certificate” as soon as possible. When coming in person,
> Present the application acceptance receipt;
> Present the valid passport / travel document or identification document used to apply for Residence Authorization;
> The parent or guardian representing the minor child in the application should present his/her valid identification document and proof of their relationship; other legal representative should present a certified letter of authorization and his/her valid identification document.
(2) For disapproved application, the interested person will receive a written notice of the content of the written instructions and the means to appeal.
2) According to Term 2, Article 22 of Administrative Regulation No. 5/2003, renewal of the Residence Authorization depends on whether the application meets the prerequisites and requisites stipulated in Law No. 4/2003 and the above Administrative Regulation, especially whether the applicant (or the applicant and his/her reuniting kindred, or the applicant and the family members involved in the application and the reuniting kindred) habitually resides in Macao. In other words, they should make Macao a centre of living and reside in Macao for not less than 183 days per year starting from the effective date of the Residence Authorization. In addition, whenever they leave Macao, they should not be away for more than half a year. Otherwise, the applicant’s (and the family members involved) application for renewal of Residence Authorization may not be approved.
Persons who have their final application for renewal of Residence Authorization approved should pay attention to the conditions causing the invalidation of the Residence Authorization specified in Article 24 of the above Administrative Regulation, e.g. not habitually residing in Macao and not meeting the prerequisite for the Residence Authorization. These persons (or their reuniting kindred) should continue to comply with the above stipulation of staying in Macao even during the 5th to 7th years of residence in Macao. Otherwise, their Residence Authorization may be invalidated.
3) The interested person may still apply for renewal within 180 days after the expiry of the Residence Authorization, provided that he/she pays the fine (MOP20 per overdue day). Renewal depends on the submission of an application letter with reasonable justification and receipt of the fine payment. If no renewal application is made within this period, the Residence Authorization becomes invalid immediately and the duration accumulated for obtaining permanent resident status is forfeited, unless there is appropriate proof that the application is hindered for reasons of force majeure.
Application Status Enquiry and Result Collection
Application Status Enquiry: Inquiry System of Progress of Application for ‘Residence Authorization’
Method of result collection: Collect in person
Content provider: Public Security Police Force (CPSP)
Last modified: 2021-03-31 15:11